Introducing the Epsilon Protogen - a new and improved Protogen! With a new style, this design features no complicated hinges or latches, making it easier to build and fur. This version also has better airflow/breathability, ensuring maximum comfort when wearing the mask.
The Epsilon Protogen supports a wide range of LED panels including HUB75 LED panels, custom WS35 LED panels, and the standard MAX7219 LED matrices. With the STL files pre-oriented and split, and the vacuum-forming buck design optimized, you can now easily create your own PETG visors.
The 3D STEP CAD files are included, allowing you to modify and tweak the design as per your needs. Printing the Epsilon Protogen is easy, and the design is compatible with smaller printers, although you may need to modify or split the parts requiring glue or the addition of screw mounts.
For more information and pictures, check out my Twitter page! twitter.com/Coelacant1
- Use low-temp lead-free solder paste (I use SN42/Bi57.2/Ag0.4)
- Request SMT reflow below or at 210C if using leaded solder as per the WS2812B-Mini datasheet
With the full version using the HUB75 or custom LED panels, you can easily utilize my ProtoTracer software to use raytracing to render live graphics that can react to your voice, motion, or transition smoothly between different face shapes just like VRChat avatars - it even uses FBX files! Don't worry the software is free and can be found here with pre-made controllers: https://github.com/coelacant1/ProtoTracer
Video example of HUB75 LED board: https://twitter.com/Coelacant1/status/1508640659481186306
Video example of Custom LED board: https://twitter.com/Coelacant1/status/1505235922387881987
The largest STL file in this design for 3D printing is 206x99x85mm so this will fit on the Ender 3/Prusa MK3s without issue! This design can be printed on smaller printers but may need to be modified or split requiring glue or the addition of screw mounts.
This model does not require glue, it can be built with metric hardware requiring the following:
M2 threaded inserts/screws
M3 threaded inserts/screws
M4 threaded inserts/screws
M5 threaded inserts/screws
This model does not require glue for the custom LED board/MAX7219 inner visor, it can be built with metric hardware requiring the following:
- M2 threaded inserts/screws (Custom LED board only)
- M3 threaded inserts/screws (All designs)
- M5 threaded inserts/screws (All designs)
The inner visor for the P3 HUB75 panels requires hot glue and for you to remove the back injection molded plastic support.
Information for full electronics setup/links is included in the readme file in the download folder. Generally requires a microcontroller with HUB75 breakout/capable of running FastLED/SPI output. Also requires a 5V battery supply.
- The base version does NOT include manufacturing rights, this is for you to build one only.
- A separate version can be purchased allowing the manufacturing of this design on a small scale.
- Do not distribute any of the design files. They are only for you. If you sell this as a commission with the Extended version, the files are not to be sent and distributed to clients. They will need to purchase the base version to download 3D printing files.
- The minimum order amount will put the LED boards at ~$75 per with a minimum order of 4 boards. If your design only uses 2 boards and you would like to sell the other 2, this is not a problem! If you would like to sell more than the two please purchase the extended version.
3D Design Files for the Epsilon Protogen