Beta Protogen V1.1
Ever want to build your own Space-Grade Protogen? Well here is everything you need to make one in full color! Included are all of the STL files pre-oriented, split, and ready for printing. But what about the visor? Well, two versions of the vacuum forming buck are included as well so you have the ability to make your own PETG visors. Don't forget that the 3D STEP and IGES CAD files are included, so if the design is not exactly what you want then you have the ability to modify and tweak it!
For more information and pictures, check out my Twitter page! twitter.com/Coelacant1
- Use low-temp lead-free solder paste (I use SN42/Bi57.2/Ag0.4)
- Request SMT reflow below or at 210C if using leaded solder as per the WS2812B-Mini datasheet
This design differs from the single color version in that it uses custom LED boards that you will need to order from JLCPCB - don't worry instructions and all design and placing files are included and is easy! With these boards, you can utilize my ProtoTracer software to use raytracing to render live graphics that can react to your voice, motion, or transition smoothly between different face shapes just like VRChat avatars - it even uses FBX files! Don't worry the software is free and can be found here: https://github.com/coelacant1/ProtoTracer
This design is built around printing on the Prusa i3 MK3s with build dimensions of X:250mm, Y:210mm, and Z:210mm. This design can be printed on smaller printers but may need to be modified or split requiring glue or the addition of screw mounts.
This model does not require glue, it can be built with metric hardware requiring the following:
- M2 threaded inserts/screws
- M3 threaded inserts/screws
- M4 threaded inserts/screws
- M5 threaded inserts/screws
- 3/24/2022: Combined RGB and Single Color versions, if you have purchased the RGB version you now get the single color version in this update.
- The base version does NOT include manufacturing rights, this is for you to build one only. A separate version can be purchased allowing the manufacturing of this design on a small scale.
- An alternative version is available with an easier setup and with premade boards in a single color
- Do not distribute any of the design files. They are only for you. If you sell this as a commission with the Extended version, the files are not to be sent and distributed to clients. They will need to purchase the base version to download 3D printing files.
- The minimum order amount will put the LED boards at ~$75 per with a minimum order of 4 boards. If your design only uses 2 boards and you would like to sell the other 2, this is not a problem! If you would like to sell more than the two please purchase the extended version.
- This version does not include the LED chin display files as they are not recommended to use. If you would like to use these anyway, please send me a message and I will directly send the files to you.
Coela Protogen RGB design and manufacturing files